SK: Question....

Royer, Cheryl RoyerC at mgmt.purdue.edu
Mon May 20 06:02:42 PDT 2002

One way you might get something done is to get all the Skunk lovers/owners in your state to start calling and emailing and letter writing the DNR.  Make sure that the letters are on a positive note and not hateful.  Send out a letter to all owners/prospective owners with a guideline to follow in writing the letters.

Our state was going to ban skunks coming in from other states but we got together and wrote letters and brought up things the DNR didn't even consider would/could happen and in the end they dropped it.  Be sure you find a contact person there and write directly to him/her so you don't have a lot of letters ending up in different areas of the DNR where they won't do any good.

croyer