SK: Some thoughts...

Tracelene tracelene at olympus.net
Fri Jun 21 09:16:05 PDT 2002

Peri wrote:

Gee, Grandma, three new babies at one time?! You are brave,
masochistic, or both.

I reply:
I don't consider myself either brave or masochistic...
it's just that at this age in my life they provide the most
satisfactory love object I can imagine.

I've never had human babies (don't want any) and after years of puppies, a
baby skunk is quite a challenge. Not the puppy, not the kitty! But I love
mine to pieces! Still I don't know how ppl raise human babies they are much
more demanding, tempermental, and Messy! Peri

My reply:
Wait!!!  You will find that baby skunks are more demanding, more
temperamental, and considerably more messy than any human baby....
BUT it's worth it!!

For instance:  This morning I'm trying to figure out why a five-week
old small four-inch creature weighing less than a pound cannot be
contained in a full size playpen that a 14month-old 20 lb
baby could play in for months.

I have to admit that in the last few years I had forgotten the
pitfalls of the newborn.   Caesar had not been in the house for two
hours before he was lost twice-- once in an incredibly 2-inch crevice
which he crawled into... he did not fall into it.

but...  I'm the happiest I've been in several months....  come on
world-- bring on the next challenge.

--
grandma tracelene