SK: Earthquake!

Tracelene Barrett-Prima tracelene at Olympus.net
Wed Feb 28 19:48:54 PST 2001

>Sharon,
>
>Was it strong enough in OR to knock anything over?
>
>Share

It's strange, Share.  I and my three neighbors on this particular
valley mesa did not even feel a tremor.... while my neighbor to the left
and some across the vally felt it without noticeable problems.  My
daughter, 3 1/2 miles away and people in town, felt it in many degrees.
My daughter who lived in California and has experienced a few earthquakes
said this was noticeabley different.  We have learned that it was because
it's epicenter was located forty miles underground while most earthquakes
in California are surface oriented.

ALL of my collection was undisturbed... nothing fell off the walls.

--tracelene