SK: Looking for a skunk

SkunkLady2 at aol.com SkunkLady2 at aol.com
Sun Dec 16 19:03:35 PST 2001

Skunks breed once a year and kits are born in May and are available in legal
states, in larger metropolitan petstores, in June only.  There will be no
baby skunks until next Spring.    The price ranges from $125 to $800+
depending on what a given market will bear.

Check our first listed URL below, the LINKS page, for the most recent law in
your state regarding ownership of Domestic Skunks.

You are almost in the frontyard of the BEST breeder of Domestic Skunks in the
country.  The only breeder we recommend is Ruby Farms in New Sharon, Iowa.
They are family owned/operated, have been in business since 1932 and
documented Rabies free all that time, a claim that cannot be truthfully made
by other breeders out there.  Ruby's is the only breeder allowed to ship into
many of our legal states.  Their number is 641-672-2067.  Air Freight charges
are EXORBITANT.  Buying direct from the breeder is always cheaper than from a
petstore.  Therefore, where possible, we recommend a driving vacation in
June.  Go to the farm, handle all the kits and let YOUR kit -- pick YOU!!
That is a guarantee of a successful relationship.....chemistry works with
animals as well as people!

Taking a wild kit is not recommended as, due to genetic damage by Man's
pesticides/herbicides/pollution....the lifespan of a wild skunk is 3-4 years.
 Current health problems could initially be undetectable. Properly raised,
our Domestic skunks are living 12-15 years and beyond.  We know of several
who have passed 22 years of age!

You have plenty of time to study and decide if a skunk is truly the right
companion animal for your heart and home for the next 12 to 15 years, if fed
the proper diet, neutered or spayed early, regularly dewormed and given
regular veterinary care.

Our sites are a good place to learn, because skunks DEFINITELY aren't for
everyone!!  Our sites are the most current and up to date with information on
Domestic Skunks.  We work hard to keep them that way for people just like
you.

Our second listed site is pictures of pet skunks from all over the world.
ENJOY!! And please write anytime you have further questions!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!  Have a SAFE and Happy Holiday Season!!

Shelor Brumbeloe
Skunks As Pets, Inc.
http://www.skunksaspets.com
http://www.matriarch.ORG   Check out The Pet Skunk Photograph Album!