SK: RE: regulations

Royer, Cheryl RoyerC at mgmt.purdue.edu
Mon Aug 14 05:27:14 PDT 2000

I truly believe that most Conservation officers don't have a clue about
skunks and their care.  Most have no idea about a proper diet.  Most do have
information about the housing of skunks at least what the state requires as
to size and etc.

I believe they can confiscate an animal and impose a fine if in violation of
the law.  For instance there could be a hefty fine imposed by an
conservation officer if a person is holding wildlife illegally (not having a
wild animal permit in this state)
The fine could be $$ per violation (meaning per animal).  I called last year
to find out what happens to someone that has skunks without a permit and
this is what I was told.
cheryl r